Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Most Important Painting of my Life

Christmas Morning
In progress


I usually don't post "in progress" paintings but I want to keep this one as progress of love. My Daddy will be 96 years old on Wednesday and I will be there with him and my Mother to celebrate this wonderful day. I've done a painting of Daddy several years ago of him sitting in a campground with a cup of coffee in his hand. So I had no intention of doing another one right now - until Christmas morning when I was randomly snapping pictures. We were about to open gifts and the sun was shining on my Daddy. I started it tonight and I'm going to SC tomorrow so at least he can see the progress too. Poor Kenny may not get to go because he is so very sick. He has a horrible cold - I had one last week but got over mine quick - his is very different and we don't want to expose Mother and Daddy to this plus Kenny is just miserable. So I think me and the girls are going for Papa's Birthday. It was hard not to cry while painting this but at the same time every stroke of the brush has a lot of love and pride of my Father, my Daddy.......
(remember this is only 3 hours of work!!)



3 comments:

Christy said...

I can absolutely see the love in this painting. It's beautiful. I can't wait to see the finished product!
Get better, Uncle Kenny :)

Cliff Cole & Debbie Basora said...

Extraordinary! Wish "Daddy" a happy birthday from us. We are leaving tonight for Idaho and the show. Hope Kenny gets better soon, I feel for him. Love ya!

60ish and Glad said...

I knew this would be a moving piece. Can't wait to see it finished! Sorry I have been so absent!