Saturday, January 24, 2009

Kenny's getting Better


He feels a little better but still resting - this Pneumonia is nothing to mess with. We are not working this weekend so that is a good thing. NOT how we would like to spend a weekend off but he needs to get well. I actually spent the evening filling out all the address cards in my Microsoft Outlook! That took a while but I've got all the addresses, phone #'s and emails and birthdays I hope! Now I just half to figure out how to transfer it to my Blackberry. You are supposed to be able to do that. And I slept - a lot - today....I think I've been so tired and not having to work I can't seem to do anything. I painted one day but can't find any energy - I hope to do something tomorrow! I am sitting in bed with the window open - it's about 60 degrees at 1:15AM! Where did my winter go? Actually, it's coming back on Sunday - yeah - fireplace and knitting! speaking of knitting - this is for Christy - I wanted to "start" a quick project - I'm still working on the Holy Doggie Blanket - so I got this pretty gray yarn - it does have little "balls" on it. I want to my wrist warmers - NOT fingerless gloves - not that good yet. Well, it took FOREVER to cast on - it kept knotting up at the little balls! And I can't really tell where the stitches are. I got a little kit with a book and accessories - had a coupon from Michaels' for 50% off. It has 2 pair needles, 6 and 7 - book, counter thingy, little round things to separate stitches, a ruler, and 2 more things I don't even know what they are - looks like a big safety pin - all for $5.00 - SO - I'll let you know how it turns out. The end where I started is very uneven so it may just be a mess but I KNOW I can do this! I sure wish you were here - I do better with the video's - I've never been good and reading directions and understanding them. I do much better with "visual". Now, I've slept so much today I'll be up all night. Good thing I went to the Libray yesterday and have new books to read. Poor Matilda just wants some one to play with her and I have to do that tomorrow - go out in the yard and throw the blue elephant. Now, Tatiana says I'll just stay in bed with Daddy - she is such a cuddly button in bed and loves it. So, here we are on a Friday night - I would only be doing my second show by now. I hope the economy picks up soon - I don't think I like this. Matilda just climbed into her snuggle ball on the bed so I think I'll go give her some sugar!!!!!!

2 comments:

Christy said...

My body does that too - when I don't *have* to work or do something else, it just stops. No matter what I want to do, I just can't make myself do anything!
Um, that knitting project sounds pretty complicated....I don't know what you mean by little "balls" on the yarn....is it boy yarn? Just kidding :) Pictures would help. But, if it's flat knitting, and then you seam it up, I think you can figure it out. Textured yarn is really tough, though, because it does get tangly and it's hard to see your stitches. But yeah - I hate written directions too. I much prefer the videos.

60ish and Glad said...

I am laughing at your casting on and your gloves and well knitting and Nana just don't seem to match. I am laughing.