Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Knitting

Someday it will be a Doggie Blanket
How did those HOLES get in my knitting????

This past Thanksgiving I wanted my Niece Kristy to show me how to knit- she does beautiful work and I love it! So off we go to get the stuff and of course I wanted to knit a Doggie Blanket in RED. Well, after 2 months of a lot of stuff here is my project - HA HA - I do like doing it but only if I'm sitting down which is not very much. And where oh where did those holes come from and how do I fix them?????? I also have no idea how to finish this but when I run out of yarn I'll call Kristy - do you hear that? This will be the funniest Doggie Blanket in the world but I do love it. Like I need another hobby - I need to get my butt back in the studio and paint. But sometimes a girl just has to try different things even if they are not pretty!

3 comments:

Christy said...

I love it!!! Honestly, I didn't think you'd even get that far, since knitting requires sitting still :) Those holes probably came from wrapping the yarn around the needle twice in a stitch. It's a pretty easy mistake to make. And there really isn't any way to go back and fix it....at least no easy way. Sorry! But it's fun anyway :)

Anonymous said...

I know nothing about knitting but I
remember Mellie sitting on Jeannie's lap on top of whatever
afgan she was working on....I think
that's a Missouri doggie blanket -and no one could move that dog from
her lap. Good luck with yours and I hope your girls want to sit on
you newest work of art!!! It is truly beautiful!
Deb

Cliff Cole & Debbie Basora said...

Well who would have thought you were creative? (that's a joke). Love the color, love the idea, love that it's you and not me. I hate hand work. I can sew all day but hand work, YUCK!