Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I am an American

A Day of History today - I could not stop watching and being amazed at Americans. So I watched and listened. The peace and the love of all the people was inspiring. The smiles made me smile. The tears made me cry. The pride made my heart swell. I did not vote for Obama as I am a Republican and always have been. That said, I fully support our President and will be the American he is asking us all to be. I pray for his strength and wisdom to lead our country. There have been so many ugly things in America for a long time and I think it's time to pull together as one people, one country, one world.

God Bless Obama, God Bless George Bush, and GOD BLESS AMERICA.......

2 comments:

Christy said...

It's a beautiful thing - this peaceful transfer of power. No man can live up to the expectation that's placed on this one. May God be with him - and with the rest of us!

Cliff Cole & Debbie Basora said...

Amen sister. I didn't vote for him either, I voted for Bob Barr but I am with him in spirit. He has an almost impossible task and needs the support of all Americans. I too was touched with the whole process and pray we have not created such horrible karma that the road will be too long and painful for us all. It is time for justice in this country instead of "just us."