Monday, April 26, 2010

Street Car

"Street Car"
24 x 30 Oil on Canvas
I've got some photos of the band to start on but I had started this 2 years ago and never finished it soooo decided to take it to art tonight. I wasn't sure I still liked it but I do like how it turned out. Adding the cobblestone street really changed it and made it more interesting. So, another on done. Now, it will be back to the band portraits. We hung mine and Dehra's behind the bandstand this weekend and they looked great - now I've got 3 more to do and I have great pictures of Arthur and Larry - you KNOW who the problem child is - yep - it's Kenny - he is so hard to photograph (need Christy here) but I did get a fairly good one. I want to show his drums and hands but he makes goofy faces! We had a great weekend at Belloo's and really good crowds. My "Soldiers" who have been here a few months are shipping out this week and I'm very scared for them. They became friends and I feel like a Mother sending her boys off to war. I got to meet one of their wives and she was so sweet. When you get to know the boys on a personal level it's really hard to see them go. I'll just keep them in my prayers and hope they come home safe. As always, after art and it being Monday I'm jacked and exhausted! It's suposed to rain tomorrow and it's very cool tonight - I actually turned the heat on coming home from the chill. But the warm up is coming on Wednesday and I'm planning on getting my tomato plants and cucumbers out in the garden. I'm been babying them for a few weeks and I think they are ready to fly on their own! I just can't wait to get that first tomato!

1 comment:

Christy said...

I know "cute" isn't probably what you were going for with this one, but I can't help it. That little street car on the cobblestone is just darn cute.