Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Dehra

"Dehra"
16 x 20 Oil on Canvas

I finished the painting tonight of Dehra - my friend and my singing partner. We have so much fun on and off the stage and we love to laugh a lot! Now we both can "Hang" in Belloo's in columbus! We had a great weekend at Belloo's and even though I've never been a Rock 'n Roll singer I did "Stairway to Heaven" for the first time and the crowd went crazy! They stood in front of me and held up lighters AND knew all the word (which I still don't yet)! This is such an amazing feeling - can't really describe it. I've gotten this reaction before on songs (mostly Broadway stuff) but this was unreal! And I actually like singing it - especially the end! So OK, I'm an OLD Rock 'n Roller but what the hell? Keep on singing!

1 comment:

Christy said...

I saw this one in your house when we stopped in. Looks good :)
Kudos on Stairway to Heaven. That is one marathon of a song! But I'm a big Led Zeppelin fan, so I would have been singing right along!