Friday, April 30, 2010

Garden and Visit

Yep, that's my sister!!!!!!!

Tatiana says I'm clean, I'm a princess, and I'm not going to get dirty!


AH, springtime!!!



Matilda Waiting for me to throw the ball




My favorite flower blooming in my garden!





Mother came for a short one night visit yesterday and we had a great time. I have been worried about her - it seems the grief is hitting hard right now. But she would only come for one night because of the kitties. So I put on a pot of my homemade spagetti sauce then we headed for Home Depot. She bought me dirt, plants (mostly tomato) and flowers (red begonias). It was just a fun day. She got better as the day moved on and we talked a lot about Daddy and how she feels right now. We even built a little fire in the chimnea and sat on the deck. Then we had a great dinner with Kenny and just visited for the evening. She left about noon today and she stopped and ate a the Cracker Barrell in Commerce before going home. She has not been eating well at all and she said she enjoyed that. I sent spagetti sauce home with her too so I hope she will eat that. So after she left I hit the garden!!! And planted all my little plants I've been babying and the ones we bought yesterday. I think that's my favorite part - digging into the dirt and placing the plants knowing they can grow so strong. Then I re-potted some greeen plants and was dirty and tired! But it WAS bath day for the girls so we got that done. I was going to do my "roots" but got too tired so I'll just use that little stick to cover up my grey hair this weekend! I made stuffed flounder (stuffing with celery, onions, and shrimp), baked potato, green beens and salad for dinner - the fish turned out great. Almost like Red Lobster. I'm so tired right now but it's such a good tired. I always feel this way after working outside in the garden and yard. I think Daddy would be proud of my little garden and I know he helped me plant today. Oh, how I miss him. So, after the girls bath we went back down to the yard for a little play time. I just sat at my iron table and chairs and looked at the beauty. OK<>

2 comments:

Christy said...

Feels good to get your hands in the dirt, huh? I'm so glad you could share that time with your mom.

60ish and Glad said...

I was thinking your dad would be proud of you as I was reading. Your mom needs about a year of those evenings and then the coping gets a little easier I think. Mom T is a little ahead in the process and doing well. But no doubt this part of life takes kahunas! And your momma has them!