Friday, February 12, 2010

Ta Da


The Smoke Ring

It took 2 months - and there a LOT of mistakes - I really don't want Christy to look at this close up - but I made my first "Turtle Back Jacket". I think I could better on another one plus I made the extra large which is usually wear but this one is HUGE! Don't care - I love it! And just in time for the snow tomorrow I finally made my "smoke ring" for my head and I'm keeping this one - I've made 5 and given them all away. I love the smoke ring because you can wear it and not get complete hat hair. I do love the shruggy things and I need to figure out a silk one to wear year round (and smaller). I have a pattern but need to figure out the yarn and I'm not real good at swatches (maybe Christy and I can figure that one out)! Now for the great news - SNOW tomorrow and most of it south of Atlanta - Columbus is expecting a couple of inches so I can't wait. We're leaving tomorrow and it's suposed to start about 9:30 in the morning so I guess we'll be driving in the snow - in a one horse open sleigh - o're the fields we'll go - oops I'm getting carried away and hope we don't end up in a field!!!! I hope to get lots of snow pictures and I have my snow boots ready to put on in the morning, the doggies coats, my smoke ring and gloves - I'm ready for it - bring it on!!! Just hope some people venture out tomorrow night to the club - come on people it's NOT but a couple of inches. I invited everyone to come to Belloo's and make snow angels in the parking lot with me - you know I will be doing that. Maybe a couple of scotches first - just to keep warm - HA. It just feels good to complete a first big project even though it's a mess - I'll enjoy wearing it. We are also going to go straight to SC on Sunday to be with Mother on Valentines and I'm staying a few days. Kenny has to come back on Monday and Mother will take me to Commerce to meet him on Wednesday. We're going to start going through some of Daddy's books so it's going to be hard but has to be done. I'm looking forward though to spending some time with Mother. OK, now everyone sing LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW!!

3 comments:

Christy said...

Hooray for snow! That jacket is totally "you" - I know you'll love it and I promise not to look too close ;)

60ish and Glad said...

I am watching the snow come down under the L passing the street lights of Chicago's Wabash Avenue. I wish I were warmer. And you are looking fabulous in your homemade softies.

Cliff Cole & Debbie Basora said...

Gosh you look like such a 1940's movie star. You are hot girl. Glad you got your snow and sounds like lots of it. I am nice and warm here in the southland.