Sunday, December 28, 2008

A nice Christmas after all.....

Men and their gifts!!
I ALWAYS ask for a Monkey and my Mommy got me one!

Finally we can open our presents!



Playing Santa


I'm not giving up my spot until I get to open a present!

Hey, Tatiana and Matilda Mae said who almost cut us out of the picture, Granny???


Mother and Daddy have celebrated 64 Christmas's together with me tagging along for 58 of those!


My 95 year old Father sitting in the sun - you know I have to paint this....

With all of us worried about Dad T and Kenny driving to Florida last Sunday night we were not sure how we were going to spend Christmas this year. But Kenny got home on Christmas Eve after some slight improvement in Dad T and Mother and Daddy came in from SC. So we had our Christmas Eve dinner of Fillets and visiting with everyone here safe and sound. Then we really enjoyed Christmas Day of opening gifts, cooking the "Big" breakfast that Daddy loves so much and relaxing in the afternoon, then the tradition of "Hemphill" sliced Bar-B-Que sandwiches with Daddy's sauce with all the trimmings. A very quiet day which is what we love and the news about Dad was still positive. They did try to remove the respirator and external pace maker but had to put it back because of fluid in his lungs. Today, Sunday they did get to remove that so every day there is a little progress, Thank Goodness. It's little baby steps but at least he is responding now and I think the healing process is starting. We thank everyone for their prayers as we continue do pray for him. So it was a Happy Christmas and we are all Thankful for our families and our blessings. We also had a good weekend in Columbus and now Wednesday is the big New Year's Celebration where we are playing a very nice Country Club close to our house. Then is back to Columbus next weekend - now when am I going to get to take down my tree????

3 comments:

Christy said...

I'm so glad to see your happy Christmas :) Ours was wonderful too. Especially now that we are seeing improvement with Grandpa! The kids were allowed to see him today and we sang him a Christmas song. He kissed Emma's hand! It's nothing short of a miracle.

60ish and Glad said...

That is a great photo of your Daddy. You MUST paint it. The light is very nice - looks reflective as does his expression. I love you Sissy!

Cliff Cole & Debbie Basora said...

I'm so glad Dad T is better, we pray it continues. We had a wonderful Christmas and I am so happy Kenny made it home cause I know that made yours nice. Your folks look so sweet, it almost made me cry. As to my dark hair, I died it dark brown when I did "Always PC" last time, didn't want to wear a wig, then so many people told me it made me look 20 yrs younder, that I left it that color. I do really like it, but have to dye it more often to keep the gray roots from showing around my face. It will be nice cause I do Always PC again on the 16th of January Love ya