Thursday, December 11, 2008

Home to Florida

Mom and Dad are back in Florida tonight - Kenny and Kathy started driving and met somewhere in South Ga and Kathy and Bill took them back to FL. I know it was a long trip for all but I know they will be glad to be home also. They went to the Doctor today and he got a release and he's doing pretty good. He's still dizzy and we're not sure where that is coming from because they ran so many tests. Dad T. fell again yesterday and Mom T and I were here by ourselves. He didn't pass out and was co-herent so we did not call 911 but he gave us a scare anyway. It is very hard to watch the people you love get older and more feeble. I have been so blessed with my parents - my Mother is still a fireball and at 95 (almost 96 in January!) Daddy is still so sharp but getting more feeble himself. Kenny had a bittersweet moment today - he dropped them off at the Doctor's office (it was pouring rain) and told them to go on in and he would park the car. He said they slowly got out and walking together toward the door looking old and tired but they were holding hands just like a young couple in love........Blessing to all our parents everywhere......

3 comments:

Christy said...

We are glad to have them back as well. I am learning so much, watching my parents deal with the aging of their parents. I hope my brothers and I handle things as well together as Mom and Kenny have.

Cliff Cole & Debbie Basora said...

You just broke my heart with your description of Kenny's folks. It IS so hard to watch as I do the same thing with my parents. Dad has Parkinson's and just gets weaker and weaker. It is hard watching them just sort of fade away. Makes you appreciate every day you have with your loved ones. Hug each other for us!

60ish and Glad said...

We enjoyed a blessed Christmas preparation day. Bill, Jon and Joe put out lights for them and tonigth Bill and I went to set up and decorate their tree. We turned the lights and and enjoed the tree. Dayd was SOOOO happy...in his chair ....in his home....looking at the tree. Mom put up his childhood tree doecration.