Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Kenny's Birthday







A very HOT birthday it is. August 6th - usually the hottest day of the year and that was true this year! We stayed in most of the day and Kenny was working. We finally left about 4pm to go play Birthday! We looked at new phones - you know Kenny - he has to "think" about things! Ha - I want the Blackberry and I don't get my upgrade until Oct 1. Soooooo, then on to Macoroni Grill - I told him to pick where he wanted to eat and he picked my favorite place! Dinner was wonderful and then of course, I told them is was his birthday and what a desert they brought! It was great and we were stufed but ate the whole thing. We rode around a bit - went to a Best Buy to look at more phones, then to Barnes and Noble and looked at books. As you know, he did not buy anything! I just don't get it - money on your birthday and you don't buy anything????? He's so funny - even I bought a $5.00 book off the clearence rack at the Bookstore. Well, we are going to research the phones and he can decide. I thought I wanted an instinct but now after looking at them I want a Blackberry instead so I guess it does pay to "think about it". We came home and played with the girls a little bit in the back yard and tried to sit in our garden for a bit but it was too hot. So we're n the house now to finish out the birthday. I think we'll change his birthday to February when it's nice and cold! do want to say Happy Birthday to the greatest husband in the world and many many more....I love you Kenny.....Tatiana and Matilda say "We love you too and Happy 56th"

2 comments:

Christy said...

That is a very impressive dessert - for a very impressive man! Happy birthday Uncle Kenny....I love you ;)

60ish and Glad said...

Well I am a bad sissy. I called and chatted away with Kenny. That morning someone asked me what day it was. I said with a smile, "My brother's birthday." But in our chat, Kenny said you were coming home to go out for a birthday dinner. I suddenly thought...Oh my gosh, I missed Claiborne's birthday. So I said, "Who's birthday is it?" He gingerly said "Mine!"

Oh the pain and disgust I felt with myself. And a little fear that I might have dementia!