Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Vintage Jewelry







My Art in my Home Town!!!! Greer, SC



I'm very excited about having my art featured in My Vintage Jewelry and now hope some of it sells!!!!



Here is the article in the paper......




Claiborne-Well Traveled Artist originally from Greer finally has show at The Vintage Jewelry
reader submitted story -->
Reader submitted story
Published: Monday, August 20, 2007 - 2:00 am
Claiborne Hemphill-Trinklein, a native of Greer, began her art career in 1996 after winding down a ten year stint as a singer-entertainer in Las Vegas. Claiborne's Original Oil Paintings range from Landscapes, Still Lifes and , her favorite, Figures in Life.Claiborne now resides in Atlanta, Georgia where she studies art with Shane McDonald Studio. Her greatest influences come from the old masters of impressionism. She has traveled abroad to study the old masters and their approaches to light and color. In the last ten years she has established herself as a popular artist by hosting her "One-Woman Art Shows" in a variety of venues. Her work can be found in homes and businesses all over the U.S. and as far away as Europe and Australia.Claiborne recalls fond childhood memories of trips to the Rexall Drug Store (now "The Vintage Jewelry" store) with her mother.
"I remember standing on the sidewalk right in front of the drug store watching the Christmas Parade and marching down Trade Street as a majorette for Byrnes High School. I am so proud to now have my Original Oil Paintings hanging on those walls of the old Rexall Drug Store, now the home of the fantastic "The Vintage Jewelry" store. My memories of such a great place and so many people are rekindled as I return to Greer only to meet new friendly people and reconnect with old friends."
The Best of my Day: Sketching in a painting with my right hand! I can't paint yet but I have two ready to start! Oh and Crockpot Mac and Cheese - this is for you Christy!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Thanks, Nana! And again, the photos are lovely!