Saturday, August 18, 2007

The Break In

I know it's just "stuff" but when someone takes it it becomes more of a violation. Our cottage was broken into in Columbus a week after my surgery. We knew they took the TV's, Microwave, etc, but it was when we got here this week that we realized all the "little" things that were taken. Some of it was just silly stuff from the Thrift Store like all the silverware, pots and pans, lamps, etc but other things like my English Teapot and cups is what really made me sad. I always try to make a House a "Home" and now it just looks like a empty place. And I don't even want to replace the things that I know may be taken again. I just have to rant a little about this because some lazy no good SOB took our things just because they wanted to. The good thing is that we now have new fencing (with barbed wire), burglar bars and a swing gate with a bolt lock! We now call it "The Compound" and that's what it will look like when we are finished! And Pat did have a deck built on the cottage like the one on the house and it's sooooo nice not to have to sit in the dirt! So there is lots to be thankful for - like nothing that was stolen was ir-replaceable and we were not here and my babies were not here. We all could have been hurt or worse. I fell safer now here though and hope that who ever did it is gone by now. And today the whole band is going to cook out on the deck and we'll rehearse a new song! That will be fun!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Oh - I'm so sorry! How terrible! I'm so glad you guys and the babies are OK!