Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Summer Lapghan




I finished my Spring Green Lapghan and I think Matilda will claim it! I love the color and I even made up the pattern. It's not that big - just enough to cover my lap on a cool night. I'm not sure I want to do a big one -(I get bored easy)! but this one was nice. I would love to pick up this color in my liing room with some other items - I guess that's means a thrift store search. speaking of thrift stores I finally found a fireplace set - missing a couple of things but had what I wanted - a poker to use in my chimnea on the deck and the little shovel in a brass stand - the best part - $1.50!!! And I had a great Art night tonight even though my legs hurt. My butt muscles were even sore from dancing inthe 5" platforms at Beluga this weeekend! I'm working on a VERY VERY special painting - no sneak peeks yet -I want to finish it first. I think I'm going back to some landscapes after this - at home in my studio. And I'm so proud of my nails - they are staying fine and look good. Yeah - no more nail salons! Kenny and I had such a nice day yesterday at home. We slept late - took our laptops on the deck and enjoyed a nice quiet afternoon. I knitted some then we grilled steaks and had salad (lettuce from my garden) and aparagus and Texas Toast. Then late night ice cream with magic chocolate on it. All my season finales were on so it was a good TV night and restful. Man, could use more of these. Gotta do some "stuff" around the house this week and yard work then it's back to Columbus on Thursday. Gonna rest my little feet now and get some sleep!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Love it! See? Lace knitting isn't so bad :)

60ish and Glad said...

agic Chocolate!! AWHHHH - My favorite! The lapghan looks great. It makes a nice decoration too....warming up a room with a blankie or two is always a good thing.