Thursday, May 6, 2010

Red Hat and Nails!!!




Wow - I recieved the red knitted hat that Christy made for me - what a special treat. I looked at it so close and said how the hell did she do this on such small needles????? Mine look a little shabby beside hers but Idid start one tonight - on size 6 NOT size 4 needles. My hands are already hurting and my eyes are blurred! I may have to stick to messier hats on size 8's! Thank you dear Christy and thanks so much for trying to teach on Nana to knit. I'm really loving it a lot - and someday I'll get better! I have made a wine bottle cozy - forgot to take a picture and I'm also working on my "Lapghan" - it's almost half finished. And if you're going to wear a great red hat you HAVE to have the nails! It hasn't been in my budget the last couple of years to pay the $40 nail job then given the "evil eye" if you don't tip enough so I said I'll let my own nails grow. When I was a lot younger I had beautiful nails - long and RED! As I got older (the change dear ladies) they just won't grow. Now, granted I work a lot in oil paints, turpentine, dirt and just plain messy and the acrylic nails did great with all that stuff. Plus, you don't have to polish so ofter it doesn't chip off . I've spent a lot on "guarateened" to grow - that's BS. so last week my sweet Mother bought me a starter kit and I took my time today and did my first set of nails. They are NOT perfect but hey, it was the first time. And I don't have the little drill they all use either. Hopefully I'll get better because I love the way they look. I made them pretty short - not "Ho" length! And they will surely look better on stage than my little ragged nails. So there, a Red Hat and New Nails. Now, I figure since I cleaned house yesterday (saved $100 for housekeepter, did Nails (saved $40) I think Kenny should buy me a new pair of shoes!!!!!!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Cute, cute, cute! I'm glad the hat fit. I tried to make it smaller, keeping in mind that you said you didn't want it slouchy and you have a small head :)
Love the nails. Get it, girl!

60ish and Glad said...

Tat red hat is cute as can be and you need red nails AND RED SHOES!!!!