Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Sleep1

Sometimes your body says That's it - That's enough - I quit!!!! I have been so tired for at least a month but kept on pushing and pushing. That is just who I am and I used could do it for a long long time. I knew I was very exhausted but I did go to art class last night and did have a good night. I came home and went to bed as normal and slept good. At 10 the girls woke me up and I knew I was not ready to get up. Kenny took them out and 5 minutes later they were jumping back on the bed saying get up mommy get up! So I did and had some tea, read the news, email - did my morning thing. I could have gotten up then but decided not to. By this time it was around 1 pm. So I ate a bowl of oatmeal -I never do that - and went back to bed - no tv - no computer - nothing. At 5:15 I woke up. I slept soooo hard all afternoon and although I'm a little droggy I do feel better. I need sleep to re-juvinate my body. I think a lot of stress lately has contributed to it too. My mother bless her heart is crying a lot - I mean a lot lately. I think she's getter better and then she will call crying and it breaks my heart. I can't cry because I'm trying so hard to be strong for her. She told me she would go back on the anti-depressants that the Dr gave her when Daddy was sick but I don't think she did. And if I push that too hard she'll get mad - so I'm not sure what to do. I miss my Daddy everyday and yes, I cry but I'm sure that losing your partner after 65 years is something I can't comprehend. She's working like a mad woman cleaning out the house and fixing things up. I think it's too soon but on the other hand that's my mother and I hope this will help her. It's a very hard process but she thinks she HAS to get it done. I pray for her all the time and I'm very proud of her - I just want her to be OK. I know that the sleep had something to do with that too I think. So now, I'm back in bed and it may be a very long night for me! Oh well, i have 1072 page Stephen King novel I'm reading now. Tomorrow I hope to get some things done - not too much - I'm trying to take this week a little "down". I cleaned last week and did all the stuff so this week just a little cooking, gardening and knitting. And at least we're home - we work Beluga this weekend so I've unpacked my bags and put everything away. No packing until next week! Actually, I think I'll sleep pretty good tonight.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Glad you're finally getting some rest. I think it really will help you know how to deal with the difficult emotional times you're in.