Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Matillda Mae


My baby is four years old
It seems like yesterday
We brought home this little ball of fur
And into our hearts to stay
When she looks at you with those big eyes
Your troubles seem to melt away
Sweet kisses come out of no where
She’ll dry your tears that way
To see her run is like watching
A flowing waterfall
Her little heart is so happy
When she is just chasing her ball
But at night after treats and rolly food
And all of this done in my bed
The best time of the day for me
Is when she lays down her little head
She cuddles up in my arms
And I hold her little paw
We say our prayers and thank the Lord
For the love of a little dog

2 comments:

60ish and Glad said...

Ahh! That is sweet. Is that a painting or a photo??? She has inspired Jack. Ever since the last time she was here and licked Jack on the mouth - he has been having mouth-kissing fests with Buster.

Cliff Cole & Debbie Basora said...

How sweet. I am so glad you have "a baby to love". There is nothing like those sweet little eyes doggie or human to melt a mother's heart