Friday, October 30, 2009

HOW much for Halloween candy????

I mean really - does candy really cost that much???? We are performing here in Atlanta this weekend which means before I go to do my 11pm show (yes, I LOVE it), all the little trick or treaters will be ringing my doorbell while I'm trying to put on stage makeup, making the dogs bark, and Kenny hiding somewhere in the house not to be found. Now, we usually buy the candy that we like in case we have any left over. Not this year. I could have spent $50 on the candy we like! So it's some good stuff and some sour little things that came in a great big bag! I know, Halloween is for children but right now I can't spend that much on candy - not when I need cigarettes, my dogs need treats, and my health insurance just went up to over $550 a month! And now we are going to have to pay for everyone else's health care too - don't get me started. So I'm sure all my lovely neighbors who have all these children that will send to my door saturday night will have lots of good candy to hand out at their house. NOW, if my great neices and nephew's were here I'd bake cookies - not from scratch but at least from that roll! And I will be dressing up as Santa's Helper again with my "Ho" red shiny shoes and maybe the clown for the 2nd show (did I say Halloween is for children?) HA! And friday night I'll be wearing my Over the Knee Ho High Heel Boots too! So Happy Halloween where ever you are and don't ring my doorbell after 7!!!!

3 comments:

Christy said...

I know, right? I usually buy good candy too, because we only get a handful of trick-or-treaters. Not this year!

Cliff Cole & Debbie Basora said...

It's crazy, I buy candy every year and we get NO trick or treaters but I always hold out hope and would feel bad if someone showed up and I had nothing. This year we invited kids so I know there will be some. Happy Halloween!!!

60ish and Glad said...

Well I did buy good candy. Then I turned all my lights out and kept the TV down low. I thought if any kid has the nerve to walk up my long sidewalk and into the alcove where my dark front door is - then ring the bell - he deserves a piece of candy. Other than those tow same precious ones - I had two. So now I have a bunch of my favorite candy. BUT - I am dieting so now I have a bowl of torture on my table.