Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Dreaded Closet Change Over

Every Year I say the same thing - I have PLENTY of clothes to wear - I don't need a thing. Then I will see something that will just look so damn cute! I could not believe I was sweating lugging the storage tubs upstairs and unpacking the winter clothes! I sure hope it gets cold soon or I really won't have anything to wear! I still have to do my "stage" closet but at least I have the "regular" stuff done. And I've got all my boots upstairs - yeah - boots!!! My friend has a lady she works with who needs some clothes - she's a single parent - and I was able to fill quiet a few bags to take to her. We are suposed to get more heavy rain tomorrow so I'll be staying here - still got sooooo much to do. Would love nothing more than sitting in front of a fire (with the air on) and knitting but that ain't gonna happen this week. I am working on a scarf made with this suede yarn and I'm liking it so much I think I'll keep it! Now this is NOT getting my Christmas presents done! I tried and tried to knit booties and every one of them came out different so I'm looking for an easier patter. Actually, it seemed like an easy pattern but some how I would get it turned around! They may end up funny Christmas Stockings! I have not painted in so long it's crazy. I hope next week to get into the studio a bit too. I am working on the 2009 Christmas Card but that's about it. I'm in the bed now with my knee elevated - it's either the rain coming or going up and down the steps so much today - I think a little of both. Just hope it doesn't keep me awake. I've finally gotten a couple of good nights sleep (thank you xanax) and hope to get one more tonight - I think that's my cue for nite-nite - well, gotta play a little scrabble then read my book. Right now, Tatiana and Matilda are wanted to play with the SAME squeaky toy I got them yesterday. Yes, I bought two but NO - they want the same one. I'll have to hide Mr. Squeaky Bear before I can actually try and go to sleep!!!!

3 comments:

Christy said...

Isn't that a great feeling - going through your closet to help somebody out?
Keep that knee up and get some rest, Nana!

Anonymous said...

Maggie says she'd LOVE to help you
go through the closets.. :)

60ish and Glad said...

I heard about Maggie and the closets - like Emma and the closets. The best photos we have of Emma as a wee little girl are in Nana's stage clothes!!!