Wednesday, October 28, 2009

New Hats

The Second Hat - Purlpe Striped
Deb's Chemo Cap!! The first one...



I don't know why I wait until I have pictures to do a new blog! Guess all my days run together or I'm getting more like my Sissy - not much blogging at all. Except I did enjoy your blog tonight! The weekend was good and exhausting as normal and Kenny and I are starting to wonder just how long we can do this. It's still great fun to be on stage and to sing and I would miss it - just wish we didn't have to do it so much but that's the nature of the beast. If we don't work every single weekend we won't have a band and without a band you can get a gig! We did have a nice birthday party for our German friend, Martina at Belloo's and she had a great time. Of course we had her a cake and flowers and Martini's and I gave her a red neckwarmer and pair of wrist warmers inside a hand painted cigar box. She loved them and she's going to go home to Germany soon for a visit so she was excited about wearing them. One of our partners, George and Mel are moving to Germany for 5 years and that does make me sad. But he got a great offer (he's a PA for the Military) and the good news is we hope to visit them next year. I swear if I ever get back to Europe I may never come home again! Wish Kenny could get an offer like that - we'd be gone in a heartbeat. Of course, I'd have to take a slow boat over with the girls! We're giving them a going away party On the 7th and it will be bitter sweet. Mel doesn't want to go but it's too good of an offer for them. ANYWAY, I made TWO - yes TWO hats in TWO days! Thanks to my wonderful knitting niece - hey, I like that "knitty neice"! I got a pattern I can knit on straight needles because I can't do those stupid double pointed ones or circular ones ( I plan to learn those Thanksgiving while we are in Florida). My dear dear friend in Nevada has started her chemo and I'm so proud of her. Not waiting for that silly hair to fall out - gonna shave it off on Halloween! And so is her MAN! She wanted something in Black and Gold so the hat is black with gold crystal beads and and a gold pin. She knows it's on the way so now she won't be that surprised about it but I had to post it! Hope you like it Deb and there will be more to come. There is love in every stitch and I cried a little when I finished it. So there is love, laughter and tears in that hat - that's what you give to a friend - love, laughter and tears!
I was so excited about the hat I make another one today -it rained about 2 inches today (all day) and it was just a great knitting day. I did get laundry done and a nice dinner cooked but mostly sat and knitted. I needed this very bad too. I'm in a painting funk right now so it's a good thing I have something else I want to do. I striped this one and you can't see the color very well but one has different colors and I used the purple for a strip too. I found that button at a thrift store (everyone keep their eyes out for great buttons!!!!) and it matched perfect. I think I'm going to make a neckwarmer to match it and maybe some gloves it there is enough yarn left. I am going to try and paint tomorrow. I have another friend who has a birthday this weekend and I'm doing a cigar box for him. I'll have to do it in acrylic because oil won't dry by then but I'm going to do it. And I am going to start on a Christmas present soon too. I'm almost done with the Christmas Card so at least that is exciting. Suposed to get back to 70 tomorrow and dry so down in the studio I go. I'm trying hard this week not to overdo too much - I've been so exhausted lately that I just needed a week of not too much going on. Of course, we'll be in Atlanta at Beluga this weekend and I guess I'll be Santa's Helper again and maybe even change into a clown for the second show. We also have to go by a friends house before the gig - she throws a GIANT halloween party every year and it's great. I hope everyone else is having a good week and I'll try not to wait so long between posts!!!!

3 comments:

Christy said...

Wow! Sounds like you're having so much fun - even with the painting funk going on ;) I love knitty niece - you could spell it knitty kniece, too! Also, I love that you capitalized the word "Martinis." Excellent. We will definitely be knitting when you get here. Your hats look fantastic.

60ish and Glad said...

I like the knitty niece thing too. and I am glad you read my blog. See! Sometimes it is hard to come up with something. Your hats are absolutely beautiful. What a wonderful gift! You are so good to everyone, my sissy. You are like a little busy bee angel (who smokes!)

Cliff Cole & Debbie Basora said...

Thank you thank you I just love it. It is just perfect. It is so cold here today (50) see what a baby I am. But you know how this desert is when the wind blows. I love you and can't wait to cover my chrome dome with it!!!