Thursday, October 8, 2009

Mother's Cateract Surgery

I'm so tired - going on 3 hours sleep - but Mother's surgery went great and she's home and resting. Of course, we had to get up at 5:30 AM - that's in the MORNING people, and I had gone to sleep around 4 am - Why Why Why do people even bother to get up this early??? And they were so damn cheerful in the Doc's office! Ha - I wanted a IV of what they gave mother and I would have been happy. They offered coffee and I just went out to my van, drank my diet coke and smoked my cigarettes and listened to my Book on CD! The surgery only took about 45 minutes and Mother did great. We stopped at McDonald's for an egg McMuffin - that is the ONLY good thing about getting up early. It's been years since I had my favorite breakfast because they won't serve them after 10! We got home an Daddy had been up, let the kitties out, cooked his breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen! He wanted to go with us but just doesn't have the energy. We all three collasped - me on the couch, Daddy in his chair, and Mother in her chair. This sounds like the "Three Little Bears"! Mother is the only one that didn't go to sleep. See, that Happy Juice is great! I slept for about an hour, then got up and had a bite to eat and hit the road. I did good on the drive but really fuzzy. THEN we had to pack the van and all of our stuff and we drove to Columbus tonight. I AM going to bed! I'm just so grateful Mother did well in her surgery so now she has both eyes done. She is an amazing woman. And thank God for my cousin Karen who will take her back in the morning to get the patch off. In so many ways it's so hard to see your parents get really old but then again so grateful to still have them in our lives.....

3 comments:

Christy said...

Years since you had McDonald's breakfast - LOL!! You crack me up :)

Cliff Cole & Debbie Basora said...

Glad to hear Mama is doing well and sound like your Daddy's hangin in there. I tell you girl it just tkaes us longer to do what we use to do easily. But oh well we are still in there slugging. And yes, the cowgirl has been saved and is looking out standing guard over my good boob. HA

60ish and Glad said...

Wow! I need to read more. I didn't know. How is she doing now? Hope okay. My family and kids are keeping me hopping - especially new baby. (No complaints there!)