Friday, March 6, 2009

They say Spring will be here tomorrow

In the mid 70's!! I'm still cold tonight but that is fine with me. The sun was shining today and Matilda laid on the deck - she loves to do that. I opened the windows and the door but found out it was still cold outside! Oh well, I left them open anyway and went downstairs to paint. Cold down there too so I turned on my little heater. I got 3 cigar boxes finished and some more started so that's progress. We enjoyed the soup I made yesterday for dinner and I cleaned up the studio. I watched the "wild card" American Idol - I'm still voting for Adam all the way. And I knitted. One set of "Wrislets" I am making - well the yarn is really pretty and multi-colored. I made the first one and then noticed the second one was a completely different color! So now I have to do two more to get a match! You can't see this when you look at the yarn. Then I bought this nice thick beige and got one done tonight. Wow, it's gonna have to be real cold to wear these! Ok Ok, I'm learning and don't know s*** about yarn! I haven't even gotten by the knit stitch yet although I watched the pearl stitch and as soon as I finish these three sets, I'm gonna try it! Tomorrow is do my nail, do my roots, pick out the costumes, and shoes, re-charge my monitor batteries - oops, need to do that tonight so I'll go. Beluga this weekend and hope tons of people show up! Then we loose that hour on Saturday night but I don't care because I love daylight savings time!!

Best of My Day: finishing a little cigar box for Maggie with a bunny painted on it...

3 comments:

Christy said...

Well, I always think the best way to learn about something is to just jump in and do it! I've wasted lots of yarn in the process too.
Have a fun weekend - I wish you big crowds!

Cliff Cole & Debbie Basora said...

Don't ya just hate those damn gray roots showing thru. It really freaks me out as I still think I am about 20. Since I went to dark brown hair I really notice it. Now it's real obvious that the curtains don't match the rug!!!HA

60ish and Glad said...

Oh my - you and knitting are a story and a half! But I give you credit...you voted well! (Wink!)