Thursday, March 5, 2009

Just a nice Day

Sometimes I just need a "day" and today was it. I didn't just lie in bed, although I did sleep until noon - but didn't get to sleep until 4am. I did my "morning thing" which is a pot of tea and reading the news on line, checking emails, etc. I did my four loads of laundry, emptied the dishwasher and made sure the house was put together. After a sandwich for lunch, I worked on my knitting (Christy, you'll just have to wait for pictures, but they are all little "wristlets". I wore my black ones with rhinestone buttons on stage friday night! And wore them Monday all day and it's amazing how they keep your hands warm even with your fingers out! And it's very easy to smoke a cigarette! Ha - that's why I always hated wearing gloves! I don't think I posted this but my Daddy's hands are always cold because he's 96 years old and has circulation problems. I showed him my wristlets and told him to put them on. He promptly said oh yeah, then put them by his chair on his table - needless to say I did not ask for them back and I hope he wears them. I think for anyone who has to sit around and is cold these are great - you can still read a book or pretty much do anything with your hands. These might be good for Senior Citizen Homes! So, I got off track - I knitted then made a pot of wonderful soup and cornbread. I watched American Idol (my winner is already picked out - Adam Lambert - Duh, I love him) and had my soup and knitted some more! I got three wristlets done this afternoon (got to do the fourth one for the second pair). I also made a "face Scrubby" - saw it on Etsy and it works! My is bigger because I had started a wristlet but made a scrubby instead. They are supposed to be 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 to remove makeup. I like this idea because my "bar towels" that I use get make up all over them. So I made me a red one and washed my face with it tonight. These make a wonderful additions to KiKi's products! Oh, dear, I'm telling all my "gift ideas" for 2009 - crap. Enough of that I HAVE to paint tomorrow and the temps are a rising - mid 60's tomorrow and 70's by Friday and MID 70's by Saturday. I guess my last little burst of winter snow has come and gone. At least I got to see some snow. It was beautiful falling. Still not ready for summer but spring will be nice. My Yellow Bell Bush is in full bloom and beautiful. I will have to take pictures tomorrow. We moved into this house 4 years ago on Monday - AND it SNOWED that day! So, it was just a "Nice Day" and hope all of you had one too.....

2 comments:

Christy said...

That sounds like a wonderful day! You are really going gangbusters on all those wristwarmers. Glad you're having fun :)

Cliff Cole & Debbie Basora said...

You are a busy bee. All creative, I'm jealous. I am right in the middle of tax season and it seems I somehow have to do everyones books and then taxes. I usually don't mind too much but it seeems everyone is a mess this year so it has been a pain in my @#%. I did manage to get my lawn in shape and my windows washed for spring so that made me happy!