Friday, January 11, 2008

A very Special Day

I'm finally over the flu and feeling better - except I'm walking in a boot! And not the fashion kind. I have a torn ligament in my ankle - back to the Doc next friday so I'm only taking one shoe (well, several but on the right ones) this weekend. Kenny rescued me yesterday for an escape and what a great one it was. We went to the High Museum of Art for the Impressionist Exhibit from Paris. There were Monets, Manets, Sisleys, Moriesett's and more but best of all Renoir's. Oh, how I love Renoir and I almost cried when I saw some of them. They were all beautiful and we both enjoyed our tour. I hobbled around and sat down a few times but it wasn't bad. I came away very inspired and can't wait to get back to painting. Then we went to Hal's for Dinner and that also was wonderful. We saw a bunch of friends from Beluga but we got to sit at a table in the corner and be by ourselves for a while. We were home around 8:00 and the girls were glad to see us but it was finally a great way to start off 2008. Going to Columbus this weekend then to SC for Daddy's big 95th birthday!

Best of my Day: Renoir's and Hal's Bread Pudding

2 comments:

60ish and Glad said...

Oh What a perfect pick me up for you. I am secretly hoping my husband will take a tired old registrar to see the Lippzan's in St. Pete to celebrate the end of Add/Drop for the spring term.

Christy said...

What a wonderful event - some of your favorite works in person! What a lucky girl.
May your one foot will be so fabulously dressed that people may not notice the other - from one shoe queen to another.