Friday, July 16, 2010

Vougue Vest Pattern











This is only the 2nd pattern I've ever bought (for $1.99) off the net and I had no idea what it would look like. It was very boring (yes Christy I like a lace pattern) and you knit all these squares then attach them together. As it turns out I really really like it - it's funky and fun! I plan to add buttons where all the squares attach and I've got 100's of buttons but I'm going with a grey and can't find enough of them tonight. I think it will be cute with jeans but you KNOW I'm gonna wear it on stage for one show this weekend - I'll put rhinestone pins on it and really funky shoes! Thank you thank you thank you Christy (and Doc) for teaching me how to knit -just need to get better so I can move to more harder stuff!!!! I love it!

2 comments:

60ish and Glad said...

You can really pull this off! What a unique look. You MADE THAT!!??? Only you could pull that off and make it look so good.

Christy said...

LOL!!! You prefer lace knitting?! Honestly, I didn't think you'd ever keep up with the knitting because results take so long :) I can't believe it. The vest totally works for you and...you're welcome :)