Friday, July 23, 2010

Been So Long




Since I have posted to the blog - it seems with FaceBook you tend to forget but I still like having my blog. It's nice to go back sometimes and see what all has happened. And believe me, it's been a whirlwind and a doozy! I'm typing on my new Laptop and the keyboard it much smaller - which I love - but still getting used to it. I got a Toshiba Statelite which is very nice and only weighs 3 lbs and has a 13 inch screen. I've been wanting a much smaller computer forever and thought I wanted an Ipad but this is a real laptop and does so much more. Probably not quiet as "cool" but need to wait for a future generation of Ipad anyway. This one doesn't have a CD Rom which is why it's so light but it's not a mini either - it's got 4G and tons of memory so you can tell I'm very excited! But there may be lots of boo-boos in the typing but then again I usually do that too! Kenny is STILL recovering from his bout with Shingles and it looks like the post pain may be here for a while. He says there is no way to describe it and that is what I've always heard too. I'm going to get the vacination very soon because I do NOT want shingles! He's really had a rough summer with illness and I hope he can get back to normal very soon. I hate it when he feels so bad. The other big thing (if anyone has been on FB you know) that a bunch of stuff was stolen from my dressing room at Belloo's last Saturday night. It's too long of a story but a friend of mine was talking to a friend of hers and she said a girl told her she found some shoes at Belloo's. Anyhoo....turns out my friend had seen my post about the stolen items and long story short they went to this girl and "recovered" all my items. They mailed them to me and believe me it feels good. I'm so grateful to my friend for not only thinking of me but acutally doing something about it. Unbelieveable!!!! The worse thing that was gone was my keyring. Not to mention it would have cost a lot of money to replace the fob key and change all the locks on the house and cottage in Columbus but when my Daddy passed away last year I got to have the "Coca-Cola" bottle opener that he had carried on his keyring since my Grandfather died in 1969. It had belonged to my Grandfather probably since the 1920"s. It's those kind of things that mean nothing to anyone else but irreplaceable to me. I just cried when I found out I was getting it back. Also on the keyring is a pewter Yorkie key chain head that my mother gave me when I got my first Yorkie, Lacy, in 1981 and I've have it all these years. So it's nice to have my new shoes back, my jewelry, my body glitter and my knitted vest but it's the keyring that was so important and I thank God I got it back. Everyone says it was my Daddy looking down on me and saying hey, my little girl needs some help! So Thank you God and Thank you Daddy!!! Let's see, I'm writing a book here but it sure has been a while. It's so damn hot here and I'm ready for fall. We are trying to plan our first vacation in 3 years and I think we're going to the mountains where we hope it will be nice and cool. I had really hoped to spend my 60th birthday on Cape Cod but it's just too much right now. I WILL get back to the Cape someday - wish it was to live there!!!! I did get to paint a little the last two weeks (only a couple of days) but it sure was nice. I had to do a couple of gifts (cigar boxes) but I did start a nice "Blue Ridge Mountain" painting from a photo from our Anniversay trip. I sure feel my Daddy in the painting and wish he were here for me to give it to him. I still miss him every single day of my life and I'm sure I always will. My mother at least is doing fine and she just works too much but she sure has some hard times too without Daddy. I can't imagine how it feels for her because I know how much I hurt. It's friday again and off to Beluga for the weekend gig. At least we are in town and I don't have to pack any bags!!! I hope to keep up with the blog more but if not see ya on FB!!!!

2 comments:

60ish and Glad said...

It is funny what we treasure! Goes to show you money ca't buy me love. Those things represent precious memories.

Christy said...

Whew. So glad it all came out okay!