Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Too Damn Hotit


This is the worse most hateful time of the year and I'll be so glad when the temperature drops into the 50's!!! We have really had such a hot summer and it's not even August yet. Usually, Kenny's birthday is the hottest day of the year - august 6th - but we've already broken a record here in Atlanta so I hope not! I'm still reeling from the fact that I got all my stolen items back and you bet I wore those shoes to Beluga this weekend. We had a great time but it was also so hot in the club and I only had one fan and tried to share it with the band. We all almost passed out - remember we DANCE and even though the air was on with the doors opening it was almost unbearable on stage. BUT!!!!!!!!!!! *************** I MET EVANDER HOLLYFIELD - YES, THE REAL DEAL HOLLYFIELD and actually had my picture taken with him. It's on Dehra's camera and we hope she can find a cord to fit the computer to get it. He was sooooo nice and sooooooo beautiful. If you don't know I've always been a big boxing fan -from way back when me and my DAddy watched the Friday Night Fights in the 50's. My boxes was always Smokin Joe Frazier but I do love me some Evander. He lives here and is a friend of our "door" guy, Rick at Beluga. We hope to get the photo - Kenny took one of him with me and Dehra - of course, it was after the second show and we had sweated so bad we probably have on no makeup but I don't care.

My friend, Jolene surprised me today by driving up from the southside of town (that's a big deal) in Atlanta traffic and we had a wonderful lunch and catch up girl time. We go all the back to when I lived in Arkansas and she's here now and married to a great guy. It's just we live so far apart it's hard to get together. It was just such a nice day - everyone should take time for friends.

A note for Christy - I'm soooo pissed - I cast on a HUGE purse (160 cast on) and knitted about 20 rows before I discovered I had twisted the yarn - I had started over 3 times - I'm not sure I can get that many stitches without the twist thing. I want a big purse but I want to felt it and you know you have to make it so big - Maybe, I'll try a smaller one......

That's all the news - Kenny is still having a LOT of pain from the Shingles - we don't know how long this will last and he just keeps working. We're trying to plan our vacation in the NC mountains for my birthday week at the end of sept and I hope it snows!!!!!

See ya on the next blog....

3 comments:

Christy said...

Haha! I've definitely had projects that I've had to rip and re-cast several times. It's the worst!

60ish and Glad said...

I am worried about my poor brother. I pray he gets well quickly. Knit away gal! My most favorite thing (besides the purse) is the dishrags. They are my absolute favorite and I am about to pick up a pair of needles just to make some more!!

60ish and Glad said...

I am worried about my poor brother. I pray he gets well quickly. Knit away gal! My most favorite thing (besides the purse) is the dishrags. They are my absolute favorite and I am about to pick up a pair of needles just to make some more!!