Monday, December 7, 2009

Been so Long


I know I should have been posting but I've been on such a roller coaster ride and so tired. First of all, Daddy is resting at home but still getting weaker. I came home to go to Columbus and work the gig not knowing if we would have to rush back to SC. Well, we made it and so did Daddy. I'm not sure when I've ever been this tired and on top of it all we did a "double" on friday - a military ball AND Belloo's. Man, I thought I gave up that non-sense in Vegas but we needed the work. I also kept waking up at 8:30 every morning - this is NOT a good thing when you get to bed between 4 and 5 am. I finally did sleep today until noon but it doesn't help that much. We had a great "cold" weekend weather wise. I really enjoyed the chimnea on the deck in Columbus. I just love sitting by the fire and feeling toasty warm. And I put the snuggle ball right in front of it and Matilda loved that too! Tatiana NEVER gets out of the bed until her Daddy does. I've talked to Mother every day and Daddy has not changed much since I left. He does keep asking about when he's going to the doctor and I just don't know if he can do that or what the doctor can actually do for him. The hospice nurse is coming tomorrow and we hope to get some answers there. I wish I could talk to him but he can't hear me well enough on the phone. I've decided to stay home tomorrow and go to my last art class to finish a Christmas present. My Aunt Laura is leaving on Tuesday and Mother said she could use a little time just for her and Daddy. She has had someone in the house all the time. So we are going to talk every day and we'll find a good time to go back up this week. We actually have the weekend off - a scheduleing mess - and Kenny and I sure could use a weekend at home but we also need to be ready to go at a moment's notice. After I "unpack" from Columbus I'll "re-pack" to have ready to go to SC - man, I'm tired of all the living out of a suitcase thing too. As I have said before I'm so grateful for the last two weeks of the having the time to spend with Daddy and taking care of him. I want to be there all the time right now but I also know I may be needed more soon and I should get as much done here as possible. And I would love to just a few "Christmas" decorations around this house because we sure "need a little Christmas". And I've done no shopping at all and I do need to get a little of that done too. And I've got to mail the "Florida" package - oh no, I'm not going to list everything I have to do on this blog - I'd be typing all night! I took a few pictures last week on my phone - my camera has really crapped out (hear that Santa?) and this is one of my favorites. That saturday night Mother, Daddy, Kenny and I all sat down at the kitchen table and had dinner together. That was so very very special because we have spent so much time at that table enjoying meals together. These moments are so precious to me right now. I thank everyone for their prayers and I continue to pray for my Daddy. And for my Mother. Any time I have left with him I'm grateful for now. As I start another week I just hope to have the strength to get everything done that I need to right now. And also, right now I think I'm about to fall asleep!!!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Phew! Girl! You *do* need to sleep.

60ish and Glad said...

I pray for rest and peace - for you ad everyone in the family God bless.