Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful

wow I did not know this Thanksgiving would be spent in SC with my Daddy recovering from a heart attack. Last Wednesday Daddy had a heart attack in the Doctor's office right across the street from the hospital. If he had been anywhere else I would not be writing about this. Kenny and I got here from Atlanta as soon as we could and we really believed he would not make it that night and so did the Docs. Well, he did and although we had a couple of very rough days in the hospital he was able to come home on Friday. The way this was possible is the wonderful organization of Hospice. Enough cannot be said about the people who do this and how special their work is. Very very slowly Daddy is getting up more - he ate at the table twice today - and is walking to the bathroom by himself. Now, it's not just that he survived this it's that he will also be 97 years old on January 14th! It is still a very long road and I don't think he will ever fully recover at his age but there are no words to describe how thankful I am to have had this time this last week with my Daddy. I've been sleeping downstairs with him and we have had some special moments in the middle of the night! Mother is taking great care of him and he's eating (of course!!). I am so blessed not only to have my parents here at our ages but this time with him is pricless. I have really not been able to post at all - this roller coaster of emotions is very exhausting - but I need to get back at it. I'm so sleepy right now even though I took a nap! My cousin Daddy Green and Betsy brought us a wonderful thanksgiving dinner which I am very thankful for - I didn't have to cook it or clean it up! wow. Tatiana and Matilda have loved being her too - playing in the yard - Matilday is doing sooo good off leash now. Kenny and I have spent some quality time together even tho stressful and he is my rock as always. We do have to go home soon and do the gig this weekend. So many friends and family have been praying for Daddy and us - a feeling that is so wonderful. So on this Thanksgiving with so much to be thankful for we wish everyone wonderful and happy times. Most of all, Thank you God for my Daddy

3 comments:

Cliff Cole & Debbie Basora said...

Honey I am so glad your Daddy is feeling better. It is not easy to see them like this but it does have it's blessings in time well spent. I will never forget the last few days I had with my Dad, and I miss him all the time. Kiss your Mom and Dad for us and of course, Kenny. Love you both and am praying hard!

Christy said...

We sure missed you guys, but our hearts & prayers are definitely with you. Kisses to you all, and to your folks too, from your Florida Fam :)

60ish and Glad said...

So glad things are going better. Your parents are very blessed to have the two of you!