Monday, November 8, 2010

The Frost is on the Pumpkin!!!

And it killed my flowers!!!! Oh yeah, we had the first "freeze" of the winter on friday night and it was just lovely! I always like this as it ushers in my favorite time of year - winter! Snow would be nice but for now I'll take this great weather. After a very busy and exhausting weekend of gigs Kenny and I sat on the deck in the sunshine today and I made a fire in the chimnea and we ate Chinese Take Out! The fire was fantastic. Kenny did a little yard work I rested! Ha. Got a busy week ahead - art, gig on wednesday and back to Columbus on Thursday - so I need my rest! We will be doing Beluga every other weekend starting in December and Belloo's every other weekend so it will be nice to be home a little more. Now I've got this Wednesday Piano Bar gig that I'm not sure I really want to do but I'll try it a bit. It's just going to take up a lot of time in the middle of the week and if it wasn't a Classic Piano Bar I would not even attempt it but the owner really wants us to do it so we told him I'll give it a shot. But I'll need some wednesday's off too. I'm already looking forward to Thanksgiving and having both of our Mom's here with us. I think it will be so good. It is hard to even think about a year ago we were planning our trip to Florida when Daddy had his heart attack. I guess that was on my mind a little tonight and during a TV show I just missed my Daddy so much and the tears just started. It's an overwhelming feeling of saddness and Kenny still has it too about his Dad. We lost them in the same year 11 months apart but feels like yesterday. I think I'll always have times like this....I am looking forward to getting back in the studio this week. Shane had to cancell last week so it's finally back to work on my Christmas Card Painting. Oh Lord, I can't even THINK about Christmas shopping right now - I have NO idea what I'm doing this year and don't know when I'll have time to do it either! I finally did sit down tonight and knitted a pair of TV slippers and I do like them. I do know I don't have time to knit a lot for Christmas! I'm thinking another vacation would be good!!! But for now, I'm going to enjoy my little slice of winter because it's back in the 70's by tuesday!!! Ah, but tonight I'll be cuddling with the Tatiana and Matilda! Oh and Kenny too!!!!!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Hooray for the cold weather. Sounds like you're giggin' an awful lot. Get some rest in there somewhere :)