Tuesday, November 23, 2010

First Sleigh Ride




This was a tough but very special painting for me to do this year. Mother found this photo of me and Daddy from 1958 (I was 8 years old) and I remember it so well. We had to gone to Fries, VA for his Aunt's funeral in Feburay and woke up that morning to find a beautiful snow storm. Hard for the adults but us kids were awfully excited. I had never ridden on a sleigh and this was my first with my Daddy. I knew I had to paint it this year and although it was filled with love there are some tears mixed with the paint on this one. Of course, I had to paint in Tatiana and Matilda Mae because that's what my Christmas Cards are all about. For those of you who do not know, when I'm long gone I have requested that all my "Yorkie Paintings" donated to the Yorkshire Terrier Resuce to rainse money for all yorkies!! So, here's 2010!!!!!




1 comment:

Christy said...

Beautiful - as always, but especially so.