Tuesday, August 24, 2010

One Last Thing

We drove straight to SC on Sunday and Mother of course had a wonderful dinner. We were both so tired from the GREAT weekend in Columbus and I actually slept soooo hard that night. There is still something about "going home"! We completed the last thing to do with Daddy's estate at the courthouse on Monday and now it's in probate. It will be done next May even these small things are so hard on Mother - I can see it in her eyes. We all miss Daddy so very much but try to get thru another day. Of course, it's still so damn hot which drains me so much. We decided to drive back Monday night in the cool and so I had another good night's sleep - 2 in a row - that's unreal for me - and woke up in my bed - had my tea and "morning time" (I need this so much) and now it's time to get up - unpack (again) and do "something" today. On the countdown it's 5 weeks until "Cabin Time" - just trying to make it until then. Right, now Tatiana is lying beside me and softly snoring (sometimes not so "softly" snoring - it's so sweet! OK, it's almost 1 so I'd better get up now - I'm cooking white buter beans with pork, cornbread and South Carolina ripe tomatoes!!!!!

No comments: