Friday, August 20, 2010

blogs

Great Flaired Leg Warmers - ready for winter...

Mother cooked a "feast" for the boys -drove to Atlanta by herself - cooked in the kitchen all day - not bad for 85 years old and looks good too!!!
Ricky's "anti-Mosquito attire" for Columbus - he got "eat up"!!! Too funny this boy..

Happy 58th Birthday Kenny!!!!



Best Friends.


The BEST rhythm section EVER!!!

I've been a very lazy girl about the blog lately - I don't know - just too much going on and I'm just so tired of this long hot Kenny being sick summer. It's been a rough one so far. For the first time since Memorial Day weekend Kenny feels more normal this week. He's still in a lot of pain from the Shingles but taking the meds helps. We had a wonderful visit with Ricky from Las Vegas and he got to play with us at the club in Columbus which was soooooo good. The three of us on stage together is magic and I miss that. Mother even met us in Atlanta that Sunday and cooked a "feast" for Kenny's birthday and Ricky - they really enjoyed that. We've been going back and forth to SC a lot too - going thru the probate on the house and it's really really hard to talk to mother about the "estate" and how to protect the house in case she needed full time care or a nursing home. This is not something anyone likes to think about. Kenny and I are actually going to do our wills too - you just never know. I'be been finally painting a little the last couple of weeks - mostly some cigar boxes to sell but I did finish a small painting for Kenny of our "Blue Ridge Mountain" one night anniversary!!! We are going to hang it where when he gets stressed he can look at those beautiful mountains and think Ahhhhhhhhh! I'll take a picture next week! I love my knitting and getting a "little" better (not nearly good at Christy) but my Thumb hurts so bad sometimes and I know the arthritus (sp?) is setting in. Of course, it HAS to be my right thumb - something with the use of you feel so helpless. And of course, we are counting the days to our Sept 27th vacation - the first in 3 years - in the cabin - in the mountains - on a creek - and hopefully PLEASE sweatsuit and fireplace weather!!! I'm putting up a few pictures and I have to remind myself to keep posting - it's fun sometimes to go back and read about your "stuff".....so I'm back!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Cute leg warmers :) Glad my Uncle Kenny is feeling a little better.

60ish and Glad said...

Love the photos...love the RIckie Mosquito wear.