Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A strange but peaceful meeting

Saturday night after the show - having cocktails at the bar - a soldier ask for a cigarette........his friend had heard me sing but this kid Dan had not. I shook his hand and said "Thank you, Soldier" - I always do that and told him my Daddy was in the Army Air Corp. His grandfather was too and he started talking about how he wished he could have fought in THAT war. Then he started talking about music - not just talking - singing all the songs from the 1940's and he knew all the words. "I'll be Seeing You", Boogie, Woogie Bugle Boy, Lena Horn, Ella, Frank, Gene Kelley, etc. He pulled songs from his phone and had me listen to them. It was the songs my Daddy taught me to love. I got him a beer and knew at once he was an "Old Soul". Dehra and I left to go home and I started crying - HARD - for it was Father's Day. I said Dehra I've prayed for a sign from God that my Daddy is ok. She said just maybe your prayer was just answered..................Thank You Soldier.....

3 comments:

60ish and Glad said...

What happened to my comment I made last week??

claibornes corner said...

I didn't get it!!!!

Cliff Cole & Debbie Basora said...

It always amazes me how messages get thru from the "otherside". Glad this made you happy. I love you