Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day

Well, we certainly "Labored" today - we wanted to try and finish some projects that put on hold all summer because Kenny has been so sick. We did get a lot done but not finished. He's cleaning out the music room to make more room for some files and I swear more stuff keeps piling up in my studio!! He did make some progress but still a long way to go. 'Of course, we always get a late start - about 2 pm but we just chilled last night and watche "Shutter Island" which turns out is a great movie. We watched Crazy Heart tonight - no the most orginal story but Jeff Bridges sure did deserve the oscar - he was great. I did take down the old swing and put the old wooden one back up. I like it so much better and cleaned our my "Secret Garden" downstairs and it's much nicer. It was hot but later I started pulling up the dead plants in my garden and couldn't stop so I got all that done too. I helped Kenny clean his bass drumn - re-inforced a book shelf and even built a tray in my shop. While doing all of this I cooked a potroast on top of the stove with carrots, onions, and potatoes and cornbread -it was sooooo good. To top that off my neighbor brought us two pieces of her "homemade carrot cake" - I mean she shredded the carrots - toasted the walnuts, etc - it was just too good. After a hot bath we watched the movie but not getting much knitting done - Kenny likes it dark and I'm not nearly that good to knit in the dark. Still working on a man's scarf for one of our "fans" in Columbus this weekend - and it's gotta be a big scarf - he weighs about 300 pounds but soooo sweet so I hope I can finish it. Matilda and Tatiana loved that we were downstairs all day - of course, they think we should spend the whole time playing with them which I did do some of that too. All in all, it was a good day - we are tired but it felt good to just hang around the house and do "stuff" - there's still a lot of "stuff" to do so we'll keep chipping away at it. Errands tomorrow and laundry! Sure would like to paint this week but we'll see. Less than three weeks til V-time (vacation). The evenings are getting so nice and cool but still in the 90's this week in the daytime. Come ON FALL I mean REALLY FAll which is 60's and low 50's at night. This really has been the hottest damn summer I've ever seen and I'm ready for it to be OVER. Could be worse - it was 112 degrees in Vegar yesterday! Hope everyone else had a great Labor Day - next holiday - Thanksgiving yeah - my favorite!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Whew! Even I am tired after reading that list of things you did :)