Friday, August 21, 2009

Christmas in August????

Smoke Ring or Cowl
Wrist Warmers

I've been knitting all summer - well, it takes me a while and although I'm getting better I am still such a beginner. I have so much to post (going back to Kenny's birthday) - I only got to download my pictures today since I got my laptop back. But tonight I sewed up little Wrist Warmers and I haven't counted yet - around 10 pair so far. But now I've realized I have birthdays before Christmas!!! So I'm dropping back and working on those. I did finish one project for my friend Donna in columbus. She is a beautiful, spirited 68 year old lady who comes to see me EVERY time I perform. She loves clothes and is very classy so I hope she likes her "smoke ring" and wrist warmers. The thing about the wrist warmers is I hate gloves and they are great to drive in - and they do keep your hands warm even without the fingers! So, I've done the laundry, cooked dinner, cooked for tomorrow night, cooked for the babies, packed, ran errands and now it's 1 am and I need to wind down - that means playing scrabble for a bit, then read until the xanax kicks in around 3am. I will catch up on the post hopefully this weekend - what am I saying I never post on the weekend! Oh well, everyone have a great one.
PS> I'm so ready for it to be cold enough to wear this shit....

2 comments:

Christy said...

Glamorous!

60ish and Glad said...

You are such a creative soul! I think heaven's gates were designed for your delight. I was reading abut them gold and see through crystal and diamonds and all this sparkling stuff. I like the wrist warmers. I remember may times traveling when my wrists would sneak out of the coat and it would send a chill to the bone. Thankfully I don't travel for work anymore.